Sr Data Analyst
San Antonio, TX
This role plays a critical part in the development of an automated compliance monitoring system for IT Controls. Must be experienced in requirement gathering, data analysis, use case documentation.nReview business requirements with project teams to propose and produce technical documentation such as current state, future state, gap analysis, source to target mapping, data flow diagrams, and test cases. Work with the development team in seamless implementation of each task. Participate in the Agile development process in delivering increments of final product.
- Gather requirements from JAD sessions with business users.
- Collect Banking Use cases talking to Business and work with Architects and Data Modelers to translate them to Model Requirements
- Strong Banking Functional Knowledge a Must, experience in Retail Banking
- Design and develop Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD to represent the requirements to communicate the information effectively with users, developers and testers.
- Work closely with business users, subject matter experts to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements for various use cases.
- Identify/document data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
- Review and analyze data and data models including reports to augment the requirement for use cases with technical information for facilitating development and data modeling activities.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings to stakeholders and team members.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Write data analysis SQL queries to profile and document metadata to analyze data and augment key inputs required.
- Perform extensive requirement analysis, develop use cases and workflows.
- Play key role in the planning, User Acceptance Testing, and Implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Develop strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Develop business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Bachelor's Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 10+ years of experience working as Data Analysts.
- Ability to write good SQL for data analysis must – Netezza , Snowflake , Oracle etc
- Understanding financial data elements and sensitivity classification (PII , PCI, PHI etc ) is a must
- Exposure to sensitive data management is a plus
- Self learner and ability work independently is a must
- Exposure Programming language – Python good to have
- Exposure to Data Science goo to have
- Exposure to unix , sftp is a plus
Gathi Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law.